top of page
Secondary School Transfer

You can list up to six different secondary schools as preferences in your application. This can include schools outside of Birmingham.

Birmingham City Council runs a coordinated admissions scheme with neighbouring local authorities.

If you are applying for schools in another local authority then we recommend that you contact them for their admissions arrangements as this will help you to decide if your application is likely to be successful.

Birmingham City Council will only deal with applications for school places if you live in Birmingham and pay council tax to the authority.

If you live in Birmingham your application must still be made to Birmingham City Council.

Just click on the link below to find out more about Secondary School Transfers and your options as a parent.


bottom of page